How To Get Started:
- Students entering 6th, 7th, and 8th grade for the 2009-2010 school
year may participate.
- Keep a log of the type of exercise/activity and amount of time
you completed each day on the fitness calendars provided.
- A parent/guardian must initial each day of physical activity.
- Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Participants will turn completed and signed form to Mrs. Germain
at McGee Middle School by September 16, 2009.
- Students completing this challenge will be eligible to enter a
raffle for some great prizes.
This Summer Fitness Challenge
- To encourage children aged 9-14 to exercise and be active on a
regular basis while having FUN!
- To increase strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance.
- To prepare students to meet the State of Connecticut Physical Fitness
Tests Standards for the Fall of 2009.
- To identify and appreciate how physical activity provides personal
enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social